Location: Winterthur, Switzerland
Volcafe has been trading coffee since 1851 and is headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland. Today, we provide beans for 50 billion cups of coffee each year.
This rare opportunity, in Winterthur, will provide general administrative support to the Winterthur Coffee Trading desk. You must be able to work diligently, productively and with a keen attention to detail. The role would suit someone who is relatively early on in their career, or who is looking for their next opportunity after completing an apprenticeship or senior high school with strong communication and IT skills that is keen to work in a dynamic trading environment.
- Contract management including:
- Entering physical contracts in to the contract management system (ITAS) ensuring accurate, complete, consistent and timely data capture.
- Checking third party contract documentation against contract entry details of ITAS.
- Issuing contracts to clients and counterparties, management of central contract filing system, monitoring receipt of all contracts and follow up of any missing contracts.
- Currency hedging for contracts that are in non-USD currency
- Daily green coffee quality tastings and learning about coffee
- Updating spot price list and distributing on a weekly basis to internal traders and clients
- Assisting in preparations for the month end process/ valuation (Profit & Loss calculation)
- Assisting senior traders with preparing and creating client presentations
- Assisting senior traders with any other daily work tasks as required
Experience, Skills and Requirements:
- Successfully completed an Apprenticeship or Senior High School Studies.
- Some work experience in a professional environment desired, but not essential.
- Must be diligent and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to adapt to the dynamic trading environment and takes a proactive approach to managing tasks and competing priorities.
- Computer literacy is desirable and especially with the use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have good numeracy skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with a range of people is essential
- The willingness and ability to build relationships.
- The ability to speak and write in English is essential, German and any other languages are of additional benefit.
- Committed team player who is willing to be flexible and assist with a whole range of tasks to support your colleagues.