ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry by-products for (mainly) animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is the regional headquarters for the European, Asian and African business. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Senior Commercial Manager for the sales/distribution of liquid products in (initially) the Dutch and Belgium market. There are several opportunities to broaden the scope of the role after the initial period, as we look for a candidate with strong potential to grow further in the commercial management team. The role will report to Head of Distribution for Europe, Far East and Asia.
The Senior Commercial Manager will be part of the Commercial Distribution Team and is responsible for the sales and business development activities of liquid products in the Dutch and Belgium market and coordinating trading opportunities in a broader region. In Belgium there is a local commercial and logistical team. In the Netherlands the Sr. Commercial Manager is responsible for managing several key accounts directly and work together with a broker/sales team for the feed compound industry.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Establish with the local team the annual plans and ensure the sales and profitability targets are met for the region.
· Manage and oversee commercial purchase, transport and sales activities and coordinate sales/trading between several countries in the region.
· Cultivate and develop supplier and customer relationships with key accounts in the region.
· Continuously develop new business by pursuing opportunities with strategic targets.
· Ensure that the activities in the region are executed in line with the company procedures such as quality and counter party risk and in accordance to local legislative requirements.
· Oversee and lead the teams in the region by providing oversight, planning and direction in relation to executing the plan.
· Ensure that market information is shared internally with the Trading desk and Commercial team and Country Managers regarding market conditions.
· Represent the division in appropriate professional and community organizations related to liquid products.
· Bachelor or Master degree preferably in commercial or Agricultural studies.
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales/trading function in the sugar, feed compounder, agricultural or related industry, including management experience.
· An established professional network in the business with strong ability to network and generate successful leads.
· Besides the knowledge of trading also understanding of purchasing, transportation, shipping and sales processes.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects.
· Ability to negotiate and communicate complex concepts and business issues with internal and external stakeholders.
· An entrepreneurial and innovative mindset and thriving on building and growing a successful and dynamic practice.
· A high level of enthusiasm for the business and a personal sense of urgency and capacity to overcome obstacles.
· Fluent in Dutch, English and preferably German.
· High level of integrity, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and self-reflection are key attributes to perform this role.
· Right to work in the Netherlands.
· Ability to travel for approximately 25% domestically and internationally.
· In possession of valid driver’s license.
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $10bn We trade, source, store process ship and distribute agricultural products, such as sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed. We work closely with our customers and suppliers and help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our leadership essentials are Drive Innovation, Lead People, Deliver Results, Collaboration and Manage Resources.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
Please view our Recruitment Privacy Notice on our careers website: http://www.edfman.com/recruitment-privacy. Should you have any questions regarding this notice, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources team of your chosen role.
Acquisitions in relation to this add are not appreciated.