ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry cargo products for (mainly) animal feed industry. In Ireland we have an office in Kilcullen and a terminal in Dublin from where we store the molasses and create blends to sell mainly to the animal feed industry. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Logistics & Office Administrator in the Kilcullen office. The role will report to the Commercial Manager.
The Logistics & Office Administrator will work as part of the commercial Irish team and is responsible to ensure the customer orders are processed correctly and timely. This role covers also additional administrative responsibilities.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Act as first point of contact for customer orders.
· Arrange day-to-day truck transportation by liaising with transporters, terminal and customer.
· Prepare and send purchase and sales contracts and confirmation and related documentation.
· Enter orders correctly in the integrated trading and accounting system (ITAS) system which includes pricing, transport costs and contracts.
· Arrange invoices to the customers and follow-up on timely payment through proper credit control.
· Handle cheque payments made with the bank.
· Ensure that the product samples are managed correctly, including shipment, documentation and update of ITAS-system.
· Ensure correct filing of all documentation in line with document control standards.
· Provide required documentation to auditors.
· Handle administration tasks such as travel arrangements, office supplies & meeting minutes.
· Minimum Intermediate vocational education.
· At least 3 years of experience in customer representation and contract management.
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and preferable erp or ITAS-system.
· Basic knowledge of logistics management.
· Strong customer relation and communication skills
· Ability to work independent and pro-active and set priorities and follow through.
· Flexible attitude with an eye for detail
· High level of integrity, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and self-reflection are key attributes to perform this role.
· Right to work in Ireland.
· Ability to travel occasionally to Dublin.
· Occasionally manage customer orders outside of the regular working hours.
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $10bn We trade, source, store process ship and distribute agricultural products, such as sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed. We work closely with our customers and suppliers and help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship.
Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self-Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
Please view our Recruitment Privacy Notice on our careers website: http://www.edfman.com/recruitment-privacy. Should you have any questions regarding this notice, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources team of your chosen role.