We are looking for a highly organized administration assistant to support our office in Cairo report directly to General Manager. The successful person will act as receptionist and office manager with frequent interaction with General Manager, Commercial Manager and Operation Manager. The successful person will also hold some responsibilities related to HR, finance and legal
Roles and Responsibilities
• Strictly adheres to all internal regulations, policies and procedures with special attention to ones related to safety, physical & information security.
• Welcome guests, handles and transfers the general phone calls of the office.
• Sort, deliver and keep tracking of outgoing & incoming mail and courier packages; maintains database with various counterparty contact details (mailing address, telephones, e-mails, contact person).
• Administrate creation, programming, distribution, destruction and the inventory of the access cards as per the relevant procedures.
• Maintain relevant control documentation (registers, forms, etc.).
• Administrate meeting facilities booking requests.
• Ensure meeting facilities’ operational readiness (equipment, supplies, room set-up, etc.)
• Monitor, request and restock office supplies & consumables, and equipment inventory when needed as well as vending supplies; arranges catering & dining services as requested.
• Be responsible for arrange accommodation & travel services through approved suppliers as requested as well as process and coordinate routine event requests and related questions.
• Perform basic scan, copy and print services;.
• Organize and archive information; handle various types of documentation including such that might be of confidential business and personal nature.
• Handle other general administrative tasks as requested.
• Preferably University degree.
• Fresh graduates are acceptable and candidates with 1 year experience are preferable.
• English language – fluent.
• Excellent computer proficiency – MS Office /Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Very well organized and structured in their approach to work.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business.
We source or process raw, white and specialty sugars from over 40 producing countries. We sell to refineries, industrial users, wholesalers, retailers and consumers, offering local solutions though a number of in-country purchasing, sales and distribution businesses. We have also invested in a food technology company to launch a stevia sweetener with the flavour and mouth feel of sugar.
As a founding member of Bonsucro, all our processing operations and trading hubs have the highest sustainability credentials and we play an active role in developing the sustainability agenda.