Director of Sales and Marketing
Westway Feed Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of liquid supplements for livestock. Additionally, we produce tub supplements, feed mill products, dried molasses and industrial products.
The core concept of Westway’s business is to utilize co-products from other industries and convert them into safe, high-quality, cost effective, livestock feed supplements. While Westway’s primary ingredient for many of our products is molasses, we also incorporate other co-products such as glycerin, whey, corn solubles, corn steep and soy solubles. The concept of utilizing these co-products is the foundation of our sustainability platform.
Today, Westway operates 28 production facilities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our geographic reach allows for products to be developed according to environmental and production system variations across the country.
Westway Feed Products, based in Tomball, Texas, is a subsidiary of ED&F Man. Established in 1783, ED&F Man is a privately-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for the development of the sales and marketing growth strategy. This role will provide proactive leadership and development of Sales Managers and their respective teams of salespeople.
Key Responsibilities will include:
· Partner with senior leaders to develop and lead the company’s overall growth plan, owning the marketing and sales strategy, and implementing action plans by market and geography.
· Select, supervise, and train a results-oriented sales and marketing team, of roughly 35 individuals, that develops complete channel distribution across all product groups.
· Determine appropriate sales investment and return for each market.
· Lead all marketing and sales activities with focus on unique products which prioritize value over price.
· Strengthen CRM processes and systems to enhance focus on high return prospecting and maintenance of key accounts.
· Develop strong relationships with key customers that leads to business retainment and further growth.
· Reinforce the marketing function including portfolio management, website enhancement, product and event marketing, and communications.
· Develop marketing metrics to evaluate and increase the effectiveness of marketing spend and demand generation
· Sets expectations/objectives/work plans for themselves and the sales team; regularly communicates scorecard results to the sales and internal teams. Conducts meaningful performance discussions and is willing to make staffing changes as necessary
· 8-10 nights / month travel throughout North and (to a lesser degree) Central America.
· BS in Agriculture, Animal Science, or Agriculture Economics is preferred
Minimum Experience, Skills, and Qualifications Required:
· Ten years of successful sales experience in the animal nutrition industry.
· Five years of direct supervision of sales teams with a minimum of 10 sales people.
· Market Knowledge - experience and active engagement in the animal nutrition business and preferably in the liquid/tub business. Understands industry trends and is engaged with key industry leaders.