ED&F Man is one of the world’s leading traders of agricultural commodities; we are looking to recruit a Financial Controller in our Kiev office.
Our worldwide sugar trading business operates in over 20 countries. We manage sugar procurement, production and distribution, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a challenging role which offers a broad spectrum of responsibilities, scope, and commercial activity. A primary objective is the provision of high quality value added financial analysis and insight to support the trading management team.
The role requires a high level of interaction with the Sugar trading business units, its related operations, and other departments within the ED&F Man Group. This is a significant “hands on” role requiring flexibility to handle detailed transactional work as well as higher level analysis and review.
We need an individual with a proactive approach to transactional activities, financial reporting and control, continuous improvement and business performance initiatives.
• Produce fair value trading P&L including valuations of trading contracts. Explain main P&L drivers.
• Review correctness of new trades entered in the trading system. Check relevance, completeness and accuracy of budgeted trading costs into the accounting system.
• Ensure that trades are correctly and timely processed in the trading/accounting system by operations
• Oversee daily treasury operations and cash flow planning. Review FX hedging and reporting.
• Maintain operational discipline. Make sure policies and internal controls procedures are being followed.
• Management reporting including detailed analysis of gross profit margin and variance analysis on budgeted fair value P&L vs. realized trading profit.
• Prepare key accounts breakdowns, analysis and reconciliations (revenue, debtors, creditors, FX gain/loss, stock, incomplete contracts, etc).
• Support tax planning and administer VAT refunds.
• Prepare tax reconciliations and calculate deferred tax.
• Reconcile management and statutory accounting trial balances (BS and P&L), explain differences.
• Review key aspects of new contracts. Process background checks on new counterparties.
• Set-up, maintain and update counterparty risk limits (Payment, Market Default, Pre-Finance etc.), report on risk exposure.
• Qualified/Finalist accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) ideally with Big4 experience
• Experience within soft commodities and international environment is an advantage.
• Practical experience in management accounting and reporting.
• Advanced MS Excel skills, experience in ERP/accounting software, strong general IT skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Enthusiastic, motivated, ambitious and pro-active person.
• Able to adapt to fast paced trading environment.
• Good time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Business acumen.
• Critical thinking, solid problem solving and decision making skills.
• High level of analytical and computational skills.